Sector 34 created a cool subnet map for their game. So I created a font to make it easier to create Subnets and put together a sheet to map out a subnet.
NB: Yes I know that Code Gates are not listed, but Sector 34’s map has them on the links between systems.
This is a basic font to map out subnets for Cyberpunk 2020. The lowercase is all of the old classic icons Netrunning section of the Core Rules, while the uppercase takes inspiration from Sector 34. All the glyphs have been created by me and are offered here with a CC-BY-SA license.
Body Conditioning or Body Building is a BODY-based skill represents the character’s knowledge of how to train the body to improve its condition. This idea originally appeared in Interface 1#1, but it was too easy to go from BODY 2 to 10 (or higher) without problems. So this is a rewrite of that idea.
- A character can train themselves or others.
- The maximum increase of the BODY stat through body conditioning is half the current skill level, up to a maximum of 13.
- A character starting with Body Conditioning can roll once per skill level to improve their BODY once character creation is complete.
- If a character is training regularly, then they can roll once per month
- If a character is not training enough, then they lose one point of BODY per month until their BODY returns to its original value.
|Very Weak (2)||5|
|Weak (3 – 4)||10|
|Average (5 – 7)||15|
|Strong (8 – 9)||20|
|Very Strong (10)||25|
|Super human (11 – 12)||30|
On a roll of ‘one’, roll again to determine the degree of the Fumble.
|1 – 4||No effect. You just failed.|
|5 – 6||You look like a fool and everyone knows it.|
|7 – 8|| Minor injury. 1 point of damage.|
|9|| Major injury. 1d6 damage.|
|10||Severe injury. 2d6 damage and – 1 BODY.|
Like most skills there are pieces of equipment that can make it easier;
- Basic Gym Equipment: +1
- Full set Gym Equipment: +3
- Integrated Cyber-gym: +5
Beyond Body Conditioning
There is REFLEX training used by the US Air-force to improve the responsiveness of their pilots. The same is true for world class athletics training the lower half of their body for movement (ie MA).
MA Training would be limited to skill level / 3, with a maximum of 12.
REF Training should be limited to skill level / 4, with a maximum of 11.
It appears that there are other forms of training the can make people more Emphatic (EMP), deal with pressures (COOL), etc. However, it is difficult to know how these could be set up in game.